Reading Liberal Democrats have launched their manifesto of priorities for the upcoming 2019 Local Elections.
Reading Liberal Democrat Councillor Meri O'Connell said: "Our proposals for a better Reading recognise that economic, social and environmental issues cannot be separated from each other. Indeed, social and environmental development can provide exactly the bottom-up building blocks for economic development that Reading needs."
The manifesto shows the scale of our ambition, for businesses, for the environment and for our young people. It shows our determination to build a better Reading and ensure that every resident has the opportunity to get on in life.
"I urge you to read our manifesto and compare it with the other parties before casting your vote."
Some of our key priorities include:
- Reinstating Council Tax support for low income residents
- Holding developers to account to build the required level of affordable housing
- Increasing the range of recycling from the kerbside
- Reducing local air pollution by introducing a Low Emissions Zone in the town centre for the most polluting vehicles
- Expand the provision of 20mph zones